Friday, March 4, 2011

LIFE IS LIKE A BOX OF.....GOLF BALLS??




I once read this somewhere:

“When they first manufactured golf balls, they made the covers smooth. Then it was discovered that after a ball had been roughed up one could get more distance out of it. So they started manufacturing them with dimpled covers. So it is with life; it takes some rough spots in your life to make you go your farthest.”


Let’s be honest, no one likes PAIN. No one likes that feeling of weakness, being venerable, and totally void of strength. Personally, I can’t stand being outside of my comfort zone. I like when life is going great, when everyone likes me, and happiness is my middle name. But is that reality? Or better yet, if things go right ALL THE TIME will that produce success and joy?

By no means!

I’ve learned these past 20something years that some of the greatest times in life are those seasons of suffering and pain; when everything and everyone seem to be against you and your purpose. I’ll admit that in the midst of it all it was tough and at time I wanted to quit, throw in the towel, stop being the nice guy, question God, and say a few four letter words to make my point clear! (suffering & pain is never easy)

But I always consider the GOLF BALL…

How due to its rough and beaten up exterior its able to sour more accurately towards its appointed destination. I imagine the Golfer swinging the golf club as life and all its obstacles and unexpected tragedies and we as the Golf ball taking the licks. Being hit left and right, acquiring more dents and scars with every blow. But consider the GOLF BALL! Every scar, every hit, every obstacle in life contributes to your maturity and character. So stand strong! Sometimes you have to take the licks and hits but the fruits that it produces are even greater!     FORE!!


but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.”
-Romans 5:3-5-

No comments:

Post a Comment